We process online transactions as E-checks. This method requires your bank check routing number and checking account number. Your routing number is a nine-digit number on the bottom-left corner of a check. Do not use the routing number from a deposit slip. This may vary from your check routing number. We also accept credit or debit cards as a method of payment.
If you are currently giving to Green Hills Church online, please click on the “SimpleGive” logo below to login to SimpleGive and delete your scheduled giving.
If you want to sign up with our new giving software, please click the “Pushpay” logo below and create a new Pushpay account.
If you are currently giving with SimpleGive, that link will no longer be available after April 1, 2017. After that date, all online giving will be done through Pushpay.
Why We Give
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
The stewardship of our finances is a tremendous—and often overlooked—area of our lives where we can faithfully proclaim the gospel. Giving strengthens our devotion to Christ and frees us to live open-handedly with the gifts God gives us. It is a proclamation that our treasure is in heaven and our hope is there instead of here in the brief time we walk on the earth. We trust in him and his provision instead of our perceived self-sufficiency. As people of faith, we give faithfully and generously. By partnering with our local church through regular giving to our local church we advance the kingdom of God by resourcing the church to accomplish its mission of making disciples and planting churches.
Cash & Checks
Please make checks payable to Green Hills Church. By contributing via check, you authorize the church to use information from your check to process your payment electronically. These checks may be dropped off in the offering plate, in the offering box in the lobby of the sanctuary or in person at the church office. They may also be mailed to our finance area at the address below:
Green Hills Church
Attention: Finance Area
P.O. Box 159023
Nashville TN 37215
“Giving Stages” is a framework designed to help assist a person in moving away from the idol of money and toward placing wealth properly through the lens of discipleship. The Stages focus on attitudes, behaviors, and affections – rather than giving amounts or percentages – in order to help guide us closer to the heart of a true disciple cast in the image of Christ.
Each Stage represents growth in a lifestyle of generosity and sacrifice. In a way, this framework serves as a helpful diagnostic, providing a way to evaluate your growth in generosity. Scripture encourages us to grow in every facet of our walk with Christ, including the grace of giving. (2 Corinthians 8:7)
As you examine your own walk of discipleship through the Giving Stages, it is vital that you spend ample time in prayer discerning where God is exposing areas of idolatry and leading you to grow in your generosity and trust in Him.
Who: Someone who has not yet given to Green Hills Church. Perhaps you are skeptic, have had a bad past church experience, support other ministries, or think others will give. Maybe you are new to the faith and have never given. Whatever the circumstance, if you are committed to the Green Hills Church mission and vision, and consider us to be your church home we ask you take the first step of faith and become an Initial Giver.
How: To become an Initial Giver, prayerfully consider making your first gift to Green Hills Church.
Who: Someone who gives regularly through recurring payments online or by offering. A Rooted Giver is someone who begins thinking about of their giving in the same way they would about other expenses in their budget that are paid regardless of seasons of feast or famine.
How: To become a Rooted Giver, prayerfully consider:
- Setting up a recurring gift through Green Hills Church online giving or Auto Bill Pay at your bank;
- Budgeting specifically for giving in the same way you would your other monthly expenses (1 Corinthians 16:1-2);
- Proactively scheduling when you are going to consistently give on your calendar.
Who: An Established Giver intentionally begins looking at their giving in relation to other things they purchase. This person looks at their budget and begins assessing the amount they give in proportion to other expenditures in their income and honestly considers how their level of giving reflects their view of God. They begin asking, “Am I truly offering the Lord my best, finest, and choicest portions of my wealth?”
How: To become an Established Giver, prayerfully consider:
- Giving in relation to your other monthly financial commitments (such as your cell phone, mortgage/rent, insurance, etc.) and determine an intentional step to grow the priority of your giving;
- Choosing a percentage that would represent a new level of giving for you, potentially a tithe (Malachi 3:10).
Who: An Abundant Giver is someone who has moved away from asking the question, “what should I give?” but rather surveys their finances and asks, “what am I not giving, and why?” This person begins to open-handedly consider all of their wealth as potential to be used by God. An Abundant Giver decides to make changes that that cost them something in their lifestyle for the sake of seeing God’s kingdom advance and flourish.
How: To become an Abundant Giver, prayerfully consider:
- Looking at the wealth you are not giving and prayerfully considering if God is asking you to release a portion of it over to him;
- Evaluating if your giving is really costing you something or if it has become comfortable or routine (2 Samuel 24:24);
- Adjusting your lifestyle (or lifestyle ideals) in order to increase your giving capacity;
- Determining if there are resources God has blessed you with in the past (savings, stock, retirement, etc.) that God is asking you to release as a sacrifice to Him.
Who: A Legacy Giver is someone who has moved past thinking about monthly or yearly giving goals and considers their ability for long-term impact for their local church, family, kingdom, and eternity. This person makes short term decisions that have long term effects on their giving capacity. They consider the ability every personal asset they have acquired may be used for the mission of the church. A Legacy Giver moves from asking the open-handed question, “God, how much are you asking me to give?” to the New Testament ideal, “God, how much do I dare keep?”
How: To become a Legacy Giver, prayerfully consider:
- Putting a cap on spending and saving so every additional dollar goes towards kingdom giving;
- Setting a lifetime generosity goal (a specific number) for your family’s kingdom giving over the course of your life;
- Engaging in estate planning (or revise your current plan) to accurately reflect your kingdom giving priorities;
- Leveraging your own journey of generosity to encourage and inspire kingdom generosity in the next generation (Proverbs 13:22).
Giving Stages has been adapted by Green Hills Church from Summit Church’s Generosity Ladder.